Thursday, April 17, 2008

I can't seem to sleep....

Ha, was resting back at work and was supposed to sleep, but I just couldn't. Think it was due to the sufficient rest I had in the morning and had many thoughts just swirling in my mind, and was suddenly reminded of a something I wrote in my journal a while back;

'Just did a test for my course and through it, I realised the 'uniqueness' of people. We do things that we believe and are confident in, but when proved otherwise, we will change accordingly to ensure that we are politically correct.'

Looking at that it's so true, many of us change ourselves subconsciously to fit in. But I think for us, especially, though we might change our exterior to fit in, I think we must never change our values and morals just to 'fit in'. Think that's what really means to be the salt and the light of this world. That though we might look the same outwardly, but we live at a higher level. So let's really just stand, stand and hold on to the calling that God has on our lives.

Though I know that many of us do go through things, emotionally, mentally, etc. But I think when we focus on the call of God on our lives, it just suddenly gives us strength to go on, to press on just a little more. Because wouldn't it be a waste, when you realise after doing so much, though no results are showing, you just give up, only to realise that the breakthrough is just a short step away. If only you'd just push on a little more and then you would have experienced God at a whole new level!

Kept thinking about this at work, think even for myself, I really got to keep myself focused, though doing 'work' seriously gets boring and drains mentally... But I'm really hoping that I'd get more time and space to spend time with God. I'm looking forward to touch You once again God, let Your presence be with me!

No comments: